Now let's take a brief picture tour of the way we were. The church was established
in 1953 as Emmanuel Baptist Church located in Cayce, South Carolina. Twenty-six
years later in 1979, the church name was changed to Gantt Street Baptist Church.
In this same year, Pastor Gene Rowell assumed responsibility of the pastorate. The
church has grown since that time from six faithful members to our present attendance.
We have been privileged to witness a goodly number who have been saved by the grace
of God, for which we glorify "The Lord of the harvest" because only He can bring
forth the increase.
While the future direction of the church may be uncertain,we nevertheless are confident
of the fact that He who holds the future in His hand is "able to do exceedingly,
abundantly, above all that we ask or think". Therefore, we look to Him to direct
our course and commit ourselves "to be content" regardless if the future leads us
to the mountain top or through the valley.